Saturday, February 14, 2009

diseased?

Yesterday I had my 2 week check-up for my smoked endo. I had some weird spot where my pain was the worst, and I figured I was sensitive to the lazer of something. The spot started the day after the surgery and grew into a goldfish shaped, port wine birth-mark colored, two inch thingy. Then on Sunday or Monday, a hole appeared in the middle and got a weird scab. So when I showed it to the Dr, he said that while my hurt was there, that he didn't lazer there. He then told me it looked like a brown recluse bite and sent me immediately to a general surgeon for immediate removal. I got to the surgeon and he said that it wasn't really spider bite season, and that it looked more like MRSA. WONDERFUL!!! So my appointment that started at 1:50 in the afternoon ended at 5. And now I'm on a round of heavy duty antibiotics, and get to go back to the surgeon in a week to see if it has helped, but it may still be a spider bite. I've had to decontaminate. Washing my bedding, towels, and scrubbies in the hottest water possible, with color-safe bleach and oxy clean. We can't share towels, and I have to wash my bedding daily. I have put paper towels in the bathrooms instead of hand towels, and keep squawking at the kids not to share anything. FUN TIMES!!

Then tonight, the boy comes out of the shower and says, "Mom, look at me!! What's wrong??" I look, and his ears are swollen, and his scrawny chest has hives coming up. So I doped him up with the most benadryl he can have, a zyrtec, and his inhaler because he was also complaining of snot/breathing issues. I can't figure out what his reaction is from. I get to set my alarm to check on him every 4-6 the rest of the night as a prevention of the drama at the beginning. Why can't we just get normal illnesses??

No comments: